The building has a Public Entertainment Licence to accommodate 290.
- Tom Fraser Hall (53 x 28 ft)
- Mary Mercer Room (28 x 16 ft): with overhead digital projector and screen.
- Committee Room with tables and seating for 15
- Kitchen, equipped with water boiling system, cooker, commercial dishwasher and crockery and cutlery for 100 persons. Serving hatches to both Tom Fraser Hall and Mary Mercer Room.
- Access to all ground floor areas for disabled
- Toilet for disabled with baby nappy changing unit
- Heating by storage heaters
- Car Parking for 18 vehicles on site and parking is permitted on the road outside
- PA system available
- Public telephone, coin operated
- Large and small tables available
- 150 chairs which can be looped together for meetings.
We also hire out the hall for wedding receptions, private parties (children’s parties are especially popular) and training sessions for various organisations.
Programme of activities:
- Aerobics and Pilates classes
- Bridge clubs
- Short mat bowls club
- Art classes
- T’ai Chi
- Caledonian Dancing
- Social Services mini day centre
- Dancing instruction
- Local History Society
- Staplegrove Women’s Group
- Staplegrove Church Evergreens
For programme of activities and monthly meetings from January 2019, please click HERE.
Regular Community Events
We sometimes hold Barn Dances, which are good fun as well as raising funds for the hall. We also hold Quiz Nights which are very popular.
COMMUNITY COFFEE MORNINGS are held on the first Tuesday of each month 10.30 am to 12 noon in the Mary Mercer Room at Staplegrove Village Hall. This is an opportunity for all local residents to meet and enjoy a coffee and a chat.
We hire out the various parts of the building in blocks of three hours at very reasonable rates.
- Monday9:00 am - 11:30 pm
- Tuesday9:00 am - 11:30 pm
- Wednesday9:00 am - 11:30 pm
- Thursday9:00 am - 11:30 pm
- Friday9:00 am - 11:30 pm
- Saturday9:00 am - 11:30 pm
- Sunday9:00 am - 11:30 pm